Section 3 Job Placement & Training
Section 3 is HUD’s policy for providing job training, employment, and contract opportunities for low- or very-low income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods. If you live in government-assisted housing or if your household income falls below HUD’s income limits, you may qualify as a Section 3 resident or Section 3 business.
A business can qualify as Section 3 if they can provide evidence that they meet one of the following criteria:
- Is 51% or more owned by Section 3 residents; or
- At least 30% of its full time employees include persons that are currently Section 3 residents, or were Section 3 residents within three years of the date of first hire; or
- Provides evidence of a commitment to subcontract in excess of 25% of the dollar award of all subcontracts to business concerns that meet one of the two qualifications above.
To register your business as Section 3 visit: www.hud.gov/sec3biz
If you would like to find employment or receive job training experience through HACEP's Section 3 Program, please complete a Section 3 Eligibility Form to request preference and return it to our Section 3 Coordinator:
- Section 3 Eligibility for Preference Form - English
- Section 3 Eligibility for Preference Form - Spanish
For information on current Section 3 job opportunities or for more information, contact:
Pamela Soto - Compliance Coordinator
5300 E. Paisano Drive
El Paso, TX 79905