Requests for Proposals
Unlike sealed bidding, the competitive proposal method permits consideration of technical factors other than price, discussion with offerors concerning offers submitted, negotiation of contract price or estimated cost and other contract terms and conditions, revision of proposals before the final contractor selection, and the withdrawal of an offer at any time up until the point of award.
Request for Proposals (RFPs) will be issued and advertised in El Paso Times legal notice section, THE HOUSING AGENCY MARKETPLACE, and other nationwide publications as needed. RFPs are issued for services or special projects and allows for a wider interpretation of what is required of the service provider in order to complete the project successfully. Proposals will be evaluated on price, scope of services offered, responsiveness, ability and history of successfully completing contracts of this type, references and key personnel.
Typical RFP Process:
- RFP is issued through the THE HOUSING AGENCY MARKETPLACE
- Pre-proposal conference is conducted to address questions or concerns
- Amendments are issued if changes are needed to solicitation packet
- An Evaluation Panel reviews and scores RFPs based on evaluation factors
- A competitive range is determined by the Evaluation Panel
- Negotiations are conducted with firms in the competitive range
- Best and final offers (BAFO) are requested from competitive range firms
- BAFOs are reviewed and scored by Evaluation Panel
- Evaluation Panel submits a recommendation for award consideration
The full RFP packet is available for download on the THE HOUSING AGENCY MARKETPLACE. All pertinent notifications and amendments associated with a specific RFP will be issued through the THE HOUSING AGENCY MARKETPLACE.
HACEP reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids and proposals submitted, either in whole or in part, with or without cause, to waive any informalities and to make the award in the best interest of HACEP.