Invitations for Bid
Under sealed bids, the public housing authority publicly solicits bids and a firm fixed-price contract (lump sum or unit price) is awarded to the responsible bidder whose bid, conforming with all the material terms and conditions of the invitation for bids, is the lowest in price.
All significant formal Invitations for Bid (IFBs) whose total estimated value exceeds $50,000 will be advertised in the El Paso Times legal notice section, THE HOUSING AGENCY MARKETPLACE, and other nationwide publications as deemed necessary. Informal quote solicitations for goods and services valued under $50,000 may be obtained by phone, email, fax, internet, mail or through the HACEP Buyer.
The award shall be made to the "lowest responsible and responsive bidder" taking into consideration quality and performance of the contractor on similar projects.
The full IFB packet is available for download on the THE HOUSING AGENCY MARKETPLACE. All pertinent notifications and amendments associated with a specific RFP will be issued through the THE HOUSING AGENCY MARKETPLACE.
Typical IFB Process:
- IFB is issued through the THE HOUSING AGENCY MARKETPLACE
- Pre-Bid conference is conducted to address questions or concerns
- Amendments are issued if changes are needed to solicitation packet
- Bids are accepted by the due date and time which is strictly enforced
- A public bid is conducted
- A review of bids is conducted with the requesting department
- A recommendation is made from the requesting department for consideration of award
HACEP reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids and proposals submitted, either in whole or in part, with or without cause, to waive any informalities, and to make the award in the best interest of HACEP.