Special meeting and public hearing of the HACEP Board of Commissioners
17 August 2017, 5:30pm – 6:30pmApostolic Temple UPCI
4726 Turf Road
El Paso, Texas 79938
Special Meeting and Public Hearing of the HACEP Board of Commissioners
August 17, 2017, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Apostolic Temple UPCI
4726 Turf Road
El Paso, Texas 79938
Take Notice That A Special Meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas will Be Held At Apostolic Temple UPCI, 4726 Turf Rd, El Paso, Texas 79938, on Thursday, August 17, 2017 Commencing at 5:30 P.M. to Conduct a Public Hearing Regarding Gonzalez Park Apartments, a Proposed Housing Project,
To Consider and Possibly Act on the Following:
1. Call to Order.
2. Establishment of a Quorum.
Public Meeting and Hearing on Gonzalez Park Apartments
3. Opening Remarks by the Chairperson.
a. Purpose of the Public Meeting
b. Statutory Requirements
c. Procedures for Public Comment
4. Presentation by Staff of the Proposed Development – Gonzalez Park Apartments
5. Public Comment, Including Questions and Answers regarding the Proposed Development.
6. Discussion and Action Regarding Resolution Approving the Construction of the Gonzalez Park Apartments, an Apartment Complex to be Located at 4101 Rich Beem Blvd., El Paso, Texas 79938, on undeveloped land near the intersection of Montana Ave. and Rich Beem Blvd.
Other Action Items
7. Discussion and possible action on selection of projects for 2017 low income and housing tax credit awards:
* Medano Heights Project Application (TDHCA 17334);
* Pellicano Place Project Application (TDHCA 17362);
* Blue Flame Project Application (TDHCA 17730).
8. Discussion and possible action on purchase of unimproved real estate for future development.
Executive (Closed) Session
9. Executive Session.
The Board of Commissioners may go into executive session, or a closed private session, to take up any items on or related to this agenda that may be appropriately taken up in executive session pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code 551.071 to .076, for such matters as consultation with an attorney on a matter covered by attorney-client privilege, to confer regarding threatened or pending litigation, or to confer regarding real estate, personnel, and/or security matters that may be discussed in a closed session. No action and no votes will be taken in any executive session.
Anticipated executive session item(s):
(A) Update, discussion, and advice of counsel regarding real estate transactions for 2017 tax credit applications and/or future housing developments (Sections 551.071 and 551.072)
(B) Update, discussion and advice of counsel regarding possible purchase of unimproved real estate for future development (Sections 551.071 and 551.072).
(C) Advice of legal counsel regarding approval of the proposed housing project (Section 551.071).
This notice has been posted at the central offices of the Housing Authority, 5300 East Paisano Drive, and notice has been provided to the El Paso County Clerk more than 72 hours in advance of the above meeting, as required by chapter 551 of the Texas Government code.
Upon request the Housing Authority will provide auxiliary aids and services such as interpreters for the hearing impaired, readers, large print or braille documents. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services may notify Sergio Vasquez, Equal Opportunity Coordinator, at (915) 849-3820, or email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Simultaneous English/Spanish translation is provided at all regular meetings of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority
Concealed and Open Carry Handgun/Weapons Notice
Pursuant to § 30.06, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to § 30.07, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a handgun that is carried openly.