Regular Meeting of the PHRC Board of Directors
22 August 2018, 7:00pm – 7:30pm5300 East Paisano Drive
El Paso, TX 79905
Regular Meeting of the PHRC Board of Director
August 22, 2018 - 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm
5300 East Paisano Drive
El Paso, TX 79905
Take notice that a joint meeting of the Board of Directors of Paisano Housing Redevelopment Corporation and EP RAD-3 PFC will be held at 5300 East Paisano Dr. El Paso, Texas, 79905 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 Immediately following the Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of EP Housing Operations and Management Enterprises, PFC
To consider and possibly act on the following
A. Preliminary Items
1. Call to Order
2. Establishment of Quorum
B. Consent Agenda Items
There are no consent agenda items scheduled for this meeting.
C. Regular Agenda: Items Considered for action
4. Discussion and action by Paisano Housing Redevelopment Corporation (“PGRC”) regarding resolution authorizing agreements with El Paso Electric Company to install electrical systems and provide electrical service in support of the development and operation of the Blue Flame project.
5. Discussion and action by Paisano Housing Redevelopment Corporation (“PHRC”) regarding resolution authorizing PHRC to take such actions necessary or convenient to facilitate the development of the Medano Heights Apartments (the “Project”).
6. Discussion and action by Paisano Housing Redevelopment Corporation (“PHRC”) regarding resolution authorizing a loan to EP Sherman South II, LP for the development and rehabilitation of the Sherman South Apartments (“Sherman South”) and the Pooley Cottages Apartments (“Pooley”), and collectively with Sherman South the (“Project”), and approving such other actions necessary or convenient to carry out this resolution.
7. Discussion and action by the Board of Directors of EP RAD-3 PFC (“PFC”) regarding resolution authorizing PFC to execute any and all documents, or take any other action, that is necessary or desirable to:
1. Facilitate the development of the Sherman South Apartments (“Sherman South”) and the Pooley Cottages Apartments (“Pooley”), and collectively with Sherman South, the (“Project”), which consist of affordable housing units and associated amenities to be rehabilitated on land ground-leased from the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso (“HACEP”) to EP Sherman South II, LP (the “Partnership”);
2. Cause PFC’s wholly owned, subsidiary limited liability company, EPR3 Sherman South GP, LLC (the “General Partner”) to execute an amended and restated agreement of limited partnership of the Partnership and other related document, which provide the terms and conditions under which the Partnership will conduct its business, including but not limited to the development, rehabilitation and operation of the Project;
3. Cause the Partnership to enter into development financing for the Project; and
4. Cause PFC and/or the General Partner and/or the Partnership to execute any such further documentation as necessary or desirable to allow the consummation of the transactions.
D. Executive (Closed) Session
Although there is no executive or closed session planned for this meeting, the Board of Directors reserves its right to go into executive session, or a closed private session, to take up any items on or related to this agenda that may be appropriately taken up in executive session pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code 551.071 to .076, for such matters as consultation with an attorney on a matter covered by attorney-client privilege, to confer regarding threatened or pending litigation, or to confer regarding real estate, personnel, and/or security matters that may be discussed in a closed session. No action and no votes will be taken in any executive session.
E. Conclusion of Meeting
This notice has been posted at the central offices of Paisano Housing Redevelopment Corporation, 5300 East Paisano Drive, and notice has been provided to the El Paso County Clerk more than 72 hours in advance of the above meeting, as required by chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Upon request Paisano Housing Redevelopment Corporation will provide auxiliary aids and services such as interpreters for the hearing impaired, readers, and large print or braille documents. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services may notify Sergio Vasquez, Equal Opportunity Coordinator, at (915) 849-3820, or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Simultaneous English/Spanish translation is provided at all regular meetings of the Board of Directors of Paisano Housing Redevelopment Corporation.
Concealed and Open Carry Handgun/Weapons Notice
Pursuant to § 30.06, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to § 30.07, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a handgun that is carried openly.