Regular Meeting of the HACEP Board of Commissioners
15 July 2020, 5:30pm – 6:30pm5300 East Paisano Drive
El Paso, TX 79905
Regular Meeting of the HACEP Board of Commissioners
July 15, 2020 - 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
5300 East Paisano Drive
El Paso, TX 79905
Take notice that a regular meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas (“HACEP”) will be conducted by videoconference and telephone participation Wednesday, July 15, 2020 commencing at 5:30 p.m.
TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF OPEN MEETINGS LAWS DUE TO EMERGENCY
The Texas Governor temporarily suspended specified provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act to allow telephonic or videoconference meetings and to avoid congregate settings in physical locations.
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas will be conducted on July 15, 2020 at 5:30 PM. Members of the public may view the meeting via the following:
To listen to the meeting on a telephone, call +1 (872) 240-3412. If you call the meeting you will need to use Access Code: 510-068-885 in order to speak during public comment.
To watch and hear the meeting on video, use the following link: https://www.gotomeet.me/HACEP_Boardroom.
The public is strongly encouraged to sign up to speak on items on this agenda before the start of this meeting by visiting https://www.hacep.org/citizens-br.
A. Preliminary Items
1. Call to order.
2. Establishment of a quorum.
3. Resident Association Presidents to be heard.
4. Citizens to be heard.
5. Approval of minutes of a regular board meeting that took place on June 17, 2020.
B. Consent Agenda Items
Matters posted under the consent agenda will be considered by the Board of Commissioners as a routine matter and will be enacted by one single motion unless separate discussion is requested by a member of the Board of Commissioners. When the consent agenda vote has been taken, if an item has not been called out for separate discussion, the item will be approved along with any and all other consent agenda items approved at the same time. The Board may reconsider any item at any time during the meeting. The wording of all agenda items shall appear in the minutes of the meeting as posted, unless otherwise revised by this or other motions made and approved during the meeting, without the necessity of staff reading the wording by each item into the record.
6. Purchasing and construction contract and purchase order awards
A. Request that the Contracting Officer be authorized to extension to contract for Professional Auditing services contract # FS 17-C-0001. This is the fourth (4th) renewal of four (4). This contract was procured through the request for proposal (RFP) process. The recommendation is as follows:
Department: Finance Award to: Novogradac & Company $89,800 estimated
Funding source: HACEP Procurement type: Request for proposal Contract term: Renewal
B. Request that the Contracting Officer be authorized to add additional funding and to sign extension to contract for Section 8 Evaluation and Consulting Services contract # EX 19-C-0011. This is the first (1st) renewal of four (4). This contract was procured through the request for proposal (RFP) process. The recommendation is as follows:
Department: Finance Award to: CVR Associates, Inc. $150,000 estimated Funding source: COCC
Procurement type: Request for proposal Contract term: Renewal
C. Request that the Contracting Officer be authorized to sign extension to approve contract renewal for Legal Services contract #s EX 18-C-0008A-G. This is the second renewal of four. These contracts were procured through the request for qualifications (RFQ) process. Combined contract amount is estimated at $450,000.
Department: Executive Award to: Mendel Blumenfeld LLP; Gordon Davis Johnson Shane PC; Hawkins Delafield Wood LLP; Coats and Rose PC; Fox Rotschild LLP; Clark Hill Strasburger PLC; Reno and Cavanaugh PLLC $450,000 combined estimate Funding source: HACEP Procurement type: Request for qualifications Contract term: Renewal
C. Regular Agenda: Items Considered for Action
7. Discussion and action regarding resolution authorizing modification of the GMP construction agreements between Housing Authority of the City of El Paso (“HACEP”) and Affordable Housing Enterprises (“AHE”) related to the redevelopment of the Blue Flame Building (‘the “Project”) and utilization of hard cost contingency funds for the project.
8. Discussion and action regarding resolution to approve contract award for Construction Management services RFP # RAD 18-R-0030A to manage RAD construction projects. This contract was procured through the request for proposal (RFP) process.
9. Discussion and action regarding resolution in support of an inventory removal application for the disposition of up to 122 units of public housing located at the Juan C. Machuca Apartments located at 1039 Machuca Drive, El Paso, Texas 79922 (and rescinding the prior resolution on this matter, Resolution No. 2340).
10. Discussion and action regarding resolution to authorize application(s) to be submitted to the North American Development Bank for grant funding for exploration of financing and resources for the development of affordable housing.
11. Discussion and action regarding resolution to approve an employee compensation program for the Housing Choice Voucher (“HCV”) incentive plan.
12. (a) Secretary’s report.
· Update on public health and safety and business continuation measures during the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic.
· RAD update.
(b) Chief Financial Officer reports.
· Quarterly financial update to be provided during the August 2020 Board meeting.
(c) Report on changes and/or contract modifications pursuant to delegation of authority under Section 7 of the Development Procedures Manual.
E. Executive (Closed) Session
13. Executive Session.
The Board of Commissioners may go into executive session, or a closed private session, to take up any items on or related to this agenda that may be appropriately taken up in executive session pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code 551.071 to .076, for such matters as consultation with an attorney on a matter covered by attorney-client privilege, to confer regarding threatened or pending litigation, or to confer regarding real estate, personnel, and/or security matters that may be discussed in a closed session. No action and no votes will be taken in any executive session.
Anticipated executive session item(s):
(a) Discussion and update by legal counsel on pending litigation matters. (Section 551.071)
F. Conclusion of Meeting
This notice has been posted at the central offices of the Housing Authority, 5300 East Paisano Drive, and notice has been provided to the El Paso County Clerk more than 72 hours in advance of the above meeting, as required by chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Upon request the Housing Authority will provide auxiliary aids and services such as interpreters for the hearing impaired, readers, and large print or braille documents. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services may notify Sergio Vasquez, Equal Opportunity Coordinator, at (915) 849-3820, or at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Simultaneous English/Spanish translation is provided at all regular meetings of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority
Concealed and Open Carry Handgun/Weapons Notice
Pursuant to § 30.06, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to § 30.07, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a handgun that is carried openly.