Regular Meeting of HACEP, PHRC, AHE, AHA, AHV, EPRAD-2 and EPRAD-3 Board of Commissioners/Directors
14 July 2021, 12:00pm – 1:00pm304 Texas
El Paso, TX 79901
Regular Meeting of HACEP, PHRC, AHE, AHA, AHV, EPRAD-2 and EPRAD-3 Board of Commissioners/Directors
July 14, 2021 - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
El Paso, TX 79901
Take notice that a regular meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas (“HACEP”) and regular or special meetings of its affiliated entities listed below will be conducted by videoconference and telephone participation Wednesday, July 14, 2021, commencing at 12:00 p.m., noon [Please note, the meeting time has been changed to a new starting time at 12:00 p.m., noon Mountain Time] affiliated entities also meeting simultaneously with HACEP Include the Board of Directors of the following entities: Paisano Housing Redevelopment Corporation (“PHRC”), Affordable Housing Enterprises (“AHE”), Affordable Housing Acquisition (“AHA”), Affordable Housing Ventures (“AHV”), EP RAD-2 PFC and EP RAD-3 PFC
TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF OPEN MEETINGS LAWS DUE TO EMERGENCY
The Texas Governor temporarily suspended specified provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act to allow telephonic or videoconference meetings and to avoid congregate settings in physical locations.
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas (HACEP) and its affiliated governmental entities listed above will be conducted on July 14, 2021, at 12:00 noon. Members of the public may view the meeting via the following:
To listen to the meeting on a telephone, call +1 (915) 224-2106,,790096522 phone conference ID: 790 096 522# in order to speak during public comment.
To watch and hear the meeting on video, use the following link: https://www.hacep.org/board-meetings.
The public is strongly encouraged to sign up to speak on items on this agenda before the start of this meeting by visiting https://www.hacep.org/citizens-br.
To consider and possibly act on the following:
A. Preliminary Items
1. Call to order. (start of meeting for HACEP and all affiliates with a posted agenda)
2. Establishment of a quorum. (for HACEP and all affiliates with a posted agenda)
3. Resident Association Presidents to be heard.
4. Public comment.(Citizens to be heard)
5. Approval of minutes. (for HACEP and all affiliates with a posted agenda)
a. HACEP/PHRC/AHE/EP RAD-3 PFC and Public Hearing and Special Meeting of HACEP. Approval of minutes of regular joint meeting and special meeting and public hearing that took place on June 16, 2021.
b. HACEP. Approval of minutes of a special meeting that took place on June 28, 2021.
B. Consent Agenda
Matters posted under the consent agenda will be considered by the Board of Commissioners as a routine matter and will be enacted by one single motion unless separate discussion is requested by a member of the Board of Commissioners. When the consent agenda vote has been taken, if an item has not been called out for separate discussion, the item will be approved along with any and all other consent agenda items approved at the same time. The Board may reconsider any item at any time during the meeting. The wording of all agenda items shall appear in the minutes of the meeting as posted, unless otherwise revised by this or other motions made and approved during the meeting, without the necessity of staff reading the wording by each item into the record.
6. Pooley Apartments – Support for Low Income Housing Tax Credit Applications. Approval of required resolutions on behalf of HACEP, PHRC, and EP RAD-3 PFC in support of application to Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs seeking allocation of low-income housing tax credits and/or other sources of financing (collectively, “LIHTC”) for the rehabilitation of the Pooley Apartments located at 201 Cortez, El Paso, Texas 79905 (the “Pooley Project”). This consent item involves three separate resolutions HACEP # 2600, PHRC #196, and EP RAD-3 PFC #042.
7. Salazar Apartments – Support for Low Income Housing Tax Credit Applications. Approval of required resolutions on behalf of HACEP, PHRC, and EP RAD-3 PFC in support of application to Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs seeking allocation of low-income housing tax credits and/or other sources of financing (collectively, “LIHTC”) for the rehabilitation of the Salazar Apartments located at 311 South Eucalyptus, El Paso, Texas 79905 (the “Salazar Project”). This consent item involves three separate resolutions HACEP # 2601, PHRC #197, and EP RAD-3 PFC #043.
8. Central Operations Cost Center (COCC) – Support for Disposition of COCC. Approval of HACEP resolution # 2604 in support of application to U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) and the Special Application Center (“SAC”) for the disposition of the Central Operations Cost Center (“COCC”) property, a nonresidential property located at 5300 East Paisano Drive, El Paso, Texas 79901.
9. JC Machuca – Amending Architect Contract Scope and Cost. Approval of amendment to the agreement (AIA Document B108) and budget for architectural services for the JC Machuca Apartments rehabilitation project. This consent item involves two separate resolutions, one for HACEP (#2596) and one for EP RAD-3 PFC on behalf EPR3 Machuca GP, LLC as general partner for EP Machuca, LP (#045).
C. Regular Agenda: General Action Items
10. Update on Development/Construction report.
11. Discussion and action regarding resolution # 2594 authorizing revised utility allowance schedules for the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
12. Discussion and action regarding resolution # 2595 authorizing the Contracting Officer to sign new contract for award of roof repairs at COCC and Auto Shop, OPS 21-R-0012. This is a new contract for the duration of the project completion. The services under this contract were procured through the request for proposal (RFP) process.
D. Regular Agenda: Action Items for Specific Residential Developments:
13. J. C. Machuca, Pooley and Salazar Projects
HACEP: Discussion and action authorizing the allocation of Project Based Vouchers (PBVs) by means of noncompetitive award, as authorized by the recently amended Administrative Plan, to the following rehabilitation projects:
a. Resolution # 2597 for the JC Machuca Apartments:up to 124 PBVs units (out of 144 total project units)
b. Resolution # 2598 for the Pooley Apartments:up to 90 PBVs units (out of 123 total project units)
c. Resolution # 2599 for the Salazar Apartments:up to 310 PBVs units (out of 320 total project units).
14. Sun Plaza
PHRC: Discussion and action regarding resolution # 198 authorizing an increase in the loan amount to EP Sun Plaza, LP for the development of the Sun Plaza Apartments (the “Project”) and approving such other actions necessary or convenient to carry out this resolution.
EP RAD-3 PFC: Discussion and action regarding resolution # 044 authorizing PFC to execute any and all documents, or take any other action that is necessary or desirable to:
1. Facilitate the development of the sun Plaza Apartments (the “Project”), which consists of affordable housing units and associated amenities rehabilitated on land ground-lease from, the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso (“HACEP”) to EP Sun Plaza, LP (the “Partnership”);
2. Cause the Partnership to modify the development financing for the Project; and Cause PFC and/or EPR3 Sun Plaza GP, LLC (the “General Partner”) and/or the Partnership to execute any such further documentation as necessary or desirable to allow the consummation of the transactions.
15. Meadowbrook Four, Ltd.
HACEP: Discussion and action regarding resolution # 2602 authorizing and approving construction budget and agreements for renovations at the Meadowbrook Four, Ltd. Properties [formerly known as, (1) Meadowbrook Townhomes, Ltd., (2) North Mountain Village, Ltd., (3) Cedar Oak Townhomes, Ltd., and (4) Parkside Senior Apartments] (“Meadowbrook Four”).
PHRC/AHA: Discussion and action regarding PHRC resolution # 200 and AHA resolution # 044 approving construction budget and agreements for renovation of the Meadowbrook Four Properties.
16. LIHTC and Other Properties: Repairs and/or Capital Improvements
PHRC: Discussion and action regarding resolution # 199 authorizing funding amounts or agreements for repairs and/or capital improvements at the following properties: (1) Western Yarbrough, Ltd., (2) Western Pellicano, Ltd., and (3) Paisano Green Community.
AHE/AHA/AHV/EPRAD-2 PFC: Discussion and action regarding AHE resolution # 087, AHA resolution # 045, AHV resolution # 011 and EP RAD-2 PFC resolution # 007 authorizing budget and agreements for capital improvements and/or repairs at Western Yarbrough, Ltd., Western Pellicano, Ltd., and Paisano Green Community.
HACEP/EP RAD-3/AHE: Discussion and action regarding HACEP resolution # 2603, EP RAD-3 resolution # 046 and AHE resolution # 088 authorizing modification #0005 to the existing construction agreements related to the redevelopment of the Robinson Apartments, utilizing owner’s contingency funds for such modification.
18. Siesta Gardens
HACEP: Discussion and action regarding resolution # 2605 to pay off City of El Paso Housing Rehabilitation Loan obligation for Siesta Gardens project.
E. HACEP Reports
19. Secretary’s reports.
* Update on public health and safety and business continuation measures during the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic.
20. Chief Financial Officer reports.
* Quarterly financial update to be provided during the August 2021 Board meeting.
F. Executive (Closed) Session
21. Executive Session.
The Board of Commissioners may go into executive session, or a closed private session, to take up any items on or related to this agenda that may be appropriately taken up in executive session pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code 551.071 to .076, for such matters as consultation with an attorney on a matter covered by attorney-client privilege, to confer regarding threatened or pending litigation, or to confer regarding real estate, personnel, and/or security matters that may be discussed in a closed session. No action and no votes will be taken in any executive session.
Section 551.071 Consultation with attorney
Section 551.072 Deliberations about real property
Section 551.073 Deliberations about gifts and donations
Section 551.074 Personnel matters
Section 551.076 Deliberations about security devices
Anticipated executive session item(s):
(a) Discussion and update by legal counsel on pending litigation matters. (Section 551.071)
G. Conclusion of Meeting
This notice has been posted at the central offices of the HACEP, PHRC, EP RAD-3 PFC, EP RAD-2 PFC, AHE, AHA and AHV at 304 Texas, and notice has been provided to the El Paso County Clerk more than 72 hours in advance of the above meeting, as required by chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Upon request the governmental body holding the meeting will provide auxiliary aids and services such as interpreters for the hearing impaired, readers, and large print or braille documents. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services may notify Sergio Vasquez, Equal Opportunity Coordinator, at (915) 849-3820, or at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Simultaneous English/Spanish translation is provided at all regular meetings of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority and the affiliated governmental entities.
Concealed and Open Carry Handgun/Weapons Notice
Pursuant to § 30.06, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to § 30.07, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a handgun that is carried openly.