Regular Joint Meeting of the HACEP, PHRC, EP RAD-3 PFC, AHE Board of Commissioners/Directors
16 December 2020, 5:30pm – 6:30pm5300 East Paisano Drive
El Paso, TX 79905
Regular Joint Meeting of the Board of Commissioners/Directors of HACEP, EP RAD-3 PFC, and AHE
December 16, 2020, 5:30 om - 6:30 pm
5300 East Paisano Drive
El Paso, TX 79905
Take notice that a regular joint meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas (“HACEP”) and regular or special meetings of its affiliated entities listed below will be conducted by videoconference and telephone participation Wednesday, December 16, 2020, commencing at 5:30 p.m. Affiliated entities also meeting simultaneously with HACEP include the Board of Directors of the following entities: Paisano Housing Redevelopment Corporation (“PHRC”), EP RAD-3 PFC (“PFC”), and Affordable Housing Enterprises (“AHE”)
TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF OPEN MEETINGS LAWS DUE TO EMERGENCY
The Texas Governor temporarily suspended specified provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act to allow telephonic or videoconference meetings and to avoid congregate settings in physical locations.
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas (HACEP) and its affiliated governmental entities listed above will be conducted on December 16, 2020 at 5:30 PM. Members of the public may view the meeting via the following:
To listen to the meeting on a telephone, call +1 (872) 240-3412. If you call the meeting you will need to use Access Code: 510-068-885 in order to speak during public comment.
To watch and hear the meeting on video, use the following link: https://www.gotomeet.me/HACEP_Boardroom.
The public is strongly encouraged to sign up to speak on items on this agenda before the start of this meeting by visiting https://www.hacep.org/citizens-br.
To consider and act on the following:
1. Call to order. (start of meeting for HACEP and all affiliates with a posted agenda)
2. Establishment of a quorum. (for HACEP and all affiliates with a posted agenda)
3. Resident Association Presidents to be heard.
4. Public comment. (Citizens to be heard)
5. Approval of minutes. (for HACEP and all affiliates with a posted agenda)
a. HACEP. Approval of minutes of a regular joint meeting that took place on November 18, 2020.
B. Consent Agenda
Matters posted under the consent agenda will be considered by the Board of Commissioners as a routine matter and will be enacted by one single motion unless separate discussion is requested by a member of the Board of Commissioners. When the consent agenda vote has been taken, if an item has not been called out for separate discussion, the item will be approved along with any and all other consent agenda items approved at the same time. The Board may reconsider any item at any time during the meeting. The wording of all agenda items shall appear in the minutes of the meeting as posted, unless otherwise revised by this or other motions made and approved during the meeting, without the necessity of staff reading the wording by each item into the record.
6. HACEP Consent agenda: None.
7. Paisano Housing Redevelopment Corporation Consent agenda: None.
8. EP RAD-3 PFC Consent agenda: None.
9. Affordable Housing Enterprises Consent agenda: None.
C. Regular Agenda: General Action Items
10. HACEP: Presentation of the audited financial statement for the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas for December 31, 2019.
11. HACEP: Presentation, discussion and action on budgets for the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas for fiscal year ending December 31, 2021.
a. Resolution approving operating budgets for the public housing AMPs and COCC.
b. Resolution approving the operating budget for EP HOME, business activities and blended component units.
c. Resolution approving the operating budget for Section 8 New Construction program.
d. Resolution approving the operating budget for Housing Choice Voucher Program, Chai Manor, Tio Cooper, Siesta Gardens and other activities.
12. HACEP: Discussion and action regarding resolution approving revision to the Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Plan.
13. HACEP: Discussion and action to approve expenditure of CARES Act funding for hazard pay to employees who have been working to prevent, prepare for, and respond to COVID-19 in the continuing effort to support or maintain the health and safety of the residents, staff, and public to reduce exposure and slow the spread of COVID-19 and further the goals of state and local emergency orders in support of the same.
14. HACEP: Discussion and action to approve resolution in support of an inventory removal application for the disposition of up to 269 units of public housing located at various individual home sites, commonly referred to as “Scattered Sites” homes in El Paso, Texas.
D. Regular Agenda: Action Items for Specific Residential Developments
15. Blue Flame
a. HACEP: Discussion and action regarding resolution authorizing modification of the GMP construction agreements between Housing Authority of the City of El Paso (“HACEP”) and Affordable Housing Enterprises (“AHE”) related to the redevelopment of the Blue Flame (the “Project”) and increase the balance of owner’s contingency funds for the project and the total construction agreement.
b. AHE: Discussion and action regarding resolution authorizing modification of the GMP construction agreements between Affordable Housing Enterprises (“AHE”) and Sundt Construction (“Sundt”) related to the redevelopment of the Blue Flame (the “Project”) and increase the balance of owner’s contingency funds for the project and the total construction agreement.
16. Patriot Place
a. HACEP: Discussion and action regarding resolution authorizing the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso (the “Authority”) to take such actions necessary or convenient to facilitate the development of the Patriot Place Apartments (the “Project”).
b. PHRC: Discussion and action regarding resolution authorizing a loan to EP Patriot Place, LP for the development of the Patriot Place Apartments (the “Project”) and approving such other actions necessary or convenient to carry out this resolution.
c. EP RAD-3 PFC: Discussion and action regarding resolution authorizing PFC to execute any and all documents, or take any other action that is necessary or desirable to:
1. Facilitate the development of the Patriot Place Apartments (the “Project”), which consist of affordable housing units comprising the Patriot Place apartments and associated amenities to be constructed on land ground-leased from the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso (“HACEP”) to EP Patriot Place, LP (the “Partnership”);
2. Cause PFC’s wholly owned, subsidiary limited liability company, EPR3 Patriot Place GP, LLC (the “General Partner”) to execute an amended and restated agreement of limited partnership of the Partnership and other relate documents, which provide the terms and conditions under which the Partnership will conduct its business, including but not limited to the development, rehabilitation and operation of the Project;
3. Cause the Partnership to enter into development financing for the Project; and
4. Cause PFC and/or the General Partner and/or the Partnership to execute any such further documentation as necessary or desirable to allow the consummation of the transactions.
E. HACEP Reports
17. Secretary’s reports.
- Update on public health and safety and business continuation measures during the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic.
- RAD update.
18. Chief Financial Officer reports.
· Quarterly financial update to be provided during the February 2021 Board meeting.
19. Report on changes and/or contract modifications pursuant to delegation of authority under Section 7 of the Development Procedures Manual.
F. Executive (Closed) Session
20. Executive Session.
The Board of Commissioners of HACEP or the Board of Directors of the other affiliates meeting today may go into executive session, or a closed private session, to take up any items on or related to this agenda that may be appropriately taken up in executive session pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code 551.071 to .076, for such matters as consultation with an attorney on a matter covered by attorney-client privilege, to confer regarding threatened or pending litigation, or to confer regarding real estate, personnel, and/or security matters that may be discussed in a closed session. No action and no votes will be taken in any executive session.
Anticipated executive session item(s):
a) Discussion and update by legal counsel on pending litigation matters. (Section 551.071)
G. Conclusion of Meeting
This notice has been posted at the central offices of the HACEP, PHRC, EP RAD-3 PFC, and AHE, at 5300 East Paisano Drive, and notice has been provided to the El Paso County Clerk more than 72 hours in advance of the above meeting, as required by chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Upon request the governmental body holding the meeting will provide auxiliary aids and services such as interpreters for the hearing impaired, readers, and large print or braille documents. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services may notify Sergio Vasquez, Equal Opportunity Coordinator, at (915) 849-3820, or at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Simultaneous English/Spanish translation is provided at all regular meetings of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority and the affiliated governmental entities.
Concealed and Open Carry Handgun/Weapons Notice
Pursuant to § 30.06, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to § 30.07, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a handgun that is carried openly.