Annual Meeting of the HACEP Board of Commissioners
19 February 2020, 5:30pm – 6:30pm5300 East Paisano Drive
El Paso, TX 79905
Annual Meeting of the HACEP Board of Commissioners
February 19, 2020, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
5300 East Paisano Drive
El Paso, Texas 79905
Take notice that an annual meeting as called for by Section 3.5 of the bylaws of the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas (“HACEP”) will be held at 5300 E. Paisano Dr., El Paso, Texas 79905 Wednesday, February 19, 2019 commencing at 5:30 p.m.
To Consider and Possibly Act on the Following:
A. Preliminary Items
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of allegiance.
3. Invocation/moment of silence.
4. Establishment of a quorum.
5. Resident Association Presidents to be heard.
6. Citizens to be heard.
7. Approval of minutes of regular board meeting that took place on January 15, 2020.
8. Approval of minutes of a special board meeting that took place on February 3, 2020.
B. Consent Agenda Items
Matters posted under the consent agenda will be considered by the Board of Commissioners as a routine matter and will be enacted by one single motion unless separate discussion is requested by a member of the Board of Commissioners. When the consent agenda vote has been taken, if an item has not been called out for separate discussion, the item will be approved along with any and all other consent agenda items approved at the same time. The Board may reconsider any item at any time during the meeting. The wording of all agenda items shall appear in the minutes of the meeting as posted, unless otherwise revised by this or other motions made and approved during the meeting, without the necessity of staff reading the wording by each item into the record.
9. Purchasing and construction contract and purchase order awards:
A. Request that the Contracting Officer be authorized to sign extension to contract for enterprise resource planning contract # IT 16-C-0021. This is the third renewal of four. This contract was procured through the request for proposal (RFP) process. The recommendation is as follows:
Department: Information Technology Award to: Yardi Systems, Inc. $494,831 estimated
Funding Source: COCC, EP HOME, HCV Procurement Type: Request for proposal
Contract Term: Renewal
B. Request that the Contracting Officer be authorized to sign extension to contract for temporary employment services contract # HR 17-C-0018 A-E. This is the third renewal of four. These contracts were procured through the request for proposal (RFP) process. The recommendation is as follows:
Department: Human Resources Award to: HG Arias & Associates, TruTemps, 22nd Century, RMP Personnel; Global Technologies $100,000 combined estimate
Funding Source: COCC Procurement Type: Request for proposal Contract Term: 12 months
C. Regular Agenda: Items Considered for Action
10. Discussion and action regarding resolution approving the Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) Certification for fiscal year ending December 31, 2019.
11. Discussion and action regarding resolution approving issuance by Alamito Public Facilities Corporation multifamily housing revenue bonds and refunding note (HACEP RAD Conversion Program (Robinson Apartments) project); and containing other provisions relating to the subject.
12. Discussion and action regarding amended resolution authorizing submission of housing tax credit and/or other applications to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, the City of El Paso, and/or other appropriate agencies or entities for financing the development or re-development of affordable housing.
13. Discussion, consideration and action regarding resolution acknowledging election of officers for the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the City of El Paso, Texas.
(a) Election of Board Chairperson.
(b) Election of Board Vice-Chairperson.
14. (a) Secretary’s report.
· RAD update.
(b) Chief Financial Officer reports.
· Statement of revenues/expenses for quarter ending December 31, 2019
· Statement of changes in net assets for quarter ending December 31, 2019
(c) Report on changes and/or contract modifications pursuant to delegation of authority under Section 7 of the Development Procedures Manual.
E. Executive (Closed) Session
15. Executive Session.
The Board of Commissioners may go into executive session, or a closed private session, to take up any items on or related to this agenda that may be appropriately taken up in executive session pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code 551.071 to .076, for such matters as consultation with an attorney on a matter covered by attorney-client privilege, to confer regarding threatened or pending litigation, or to confer regarding real estate, personnel, and/or security matters that may be discussed in a closed session. No action and no votes will be taken in any executive session.
Anticipated executive session item(s):
(a) Discussion and update by legal counsel on pending litigation matters. (Section 551.071)
(b) Discussion and legal advice regarding acquisition of land and interest in apartment complexes in connection with a joint venture or other association with Post Investment Group. (Sections 551.071 and 551.072)
F. Conclusion of Meeting
This notice has been posted at the central offices of the Housing Authority, 5300 East Paisano Drive, and notice has been provided to the El Paso County Clerk more than 72 hours in advance of the above meeting, as required by chapter 551 of the Texas government code.
Upon request the Housing Authority will provide auxiliary aids and services such as interpreters for the hearing impaired, readers, large print or braille documents. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services may notify Sergio Vasquez, equal opportunity coordinator, at (915) 849-3820, or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Simultaneous English/Spanish translation is provided at all regular meetings of the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority
Concealed and Open Carry Handgun/Weapons Notice
Pursuant to § 30.06, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to § 30.07, penal code, (trespass by holder license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under subchapter h, chapter 411, government code (handgun licensing law), may not attend this meeting with a handgun that is carried openly.