Section 3 Job Placement & Training
FlSection 3 is HUD’s policy for providing job training, employment, and contract opportunities for low- or very-low income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods. If you live in government-assisted housing or if your household income falls below HUD’s income limits, you may qualify as a Section 3 resident or Section 3 business.
A business can qualify as Section 3 if they can provide evidence that they meet one of the following criteria:
- Is 51% or more owned by Section 3 residents; or
- At least 30% of its full time employees include persons that are currently Section 3 residents, or were Section 3 residents within three years of the date of first hire; or
- Provides evidence of a commitment to subcontract in excess of 25% of the dollar award of all subcontracts to business concerns that meet one of the two qualifications above.
To register your business as Section 3 visit: www.hud.gov/sec3biz
If you would like to find employment or receive job training experience through HACEP's Section 3 Program, please complete a Section 3 Eligibility Form to request preference and return it to our Section 3 Coordinator:
- Section 3 Eligibility for Preference Form - English
- Section 3 Eligibility for Preference Form - Spanish
View our current Section 3 job opportunities:
- Asbestos Abatement by MFH Environmental Corp.
- Asbestos Labor by MFH Enviornmental Corp.
- Administrative Assistant by Jordan Foster Construction
- Assistant Superintendent (Bilingual - Spanish/English) by Moss & Associates, LLC
- Carpenters by MFH Environmental Corp.
- Common Labor by Accent Landscape Contractor's, Inc.
- Common Labor by Belt Con Construction, Inc.
- Common Labor by Star Pavers Construction, Inc.
- Common Labor Skilled/Unskilled by Aztec Contractors, Inc.
- Concrete Finishers by Jordan Foster Construction
- Delivery Personnel by Builders Source, Inc.
- Electrical Journeyman and Apprentices by Service Electric Co., INC
- Equipment Operators by Jordan Foster Construction
- Laborer by Jordan Foster Construction
- Rock Mason by Belt Con Construction, Inc.
- Sheet Metal Worker / Common Laborer by Gonzalez Mechanical Contractor LLC
- Superintendent (Bilingual - Spanish/English) by Moss & Associates, LLC
- Superintendent Intern (Bilingual - Spanish/English) by Moss & Associates, LLC
For more information contact:
Tina Duarte - Compliance Coordinator
5300 E. Paisano Drive
El Paso, TX 79905